Monday, November 19, 2012

Colorado Springs Wedding Planner

Sarah Viera Event Planning & Design (SVE) started out as a idea and vision in my head. I was tired of working at a job that did not motivate me nor require me to use the creativity I had to the fullest. I felt like I needed more, and that is when SVE was born. It has been an amazing and long experience with still so much more to grow and learn from. We are not quite there yet, but we are so proud of the progress we have made. 

With owning my own business I have found it difficult to find interns and/or employees that are willing to give your business or the task at hand 100%. I find they just want to be apart of the fun aspect and decorate weddings. The business and social media side do not appeal to them in the slightest, but I am always willing to give them a shot at what they think is fun. Soon enough they learn the decor portion is not always as fun as they imagined. Time constraints can be demanding and stressful which can put some interns in stress mode. 

But I feel at this point I have a diamond of an intern. Michelle, contacted me wanting to learn the ropes of wedding/event planning business. She had just planned her own wedding and wanted to continue that passion. She wanted to start out as an intern and see where it led from there. Which to me is the right frame of mind when getting into this industry. Today, she has become lead designer with SVE! Michelle not only loves the decor, design and fun side to the business, but she also wants to learn the business side! And with that, I am SO happy she is apart of my team. 

In February of 2010 Michelle became engaged to her husband. She began a two year engagement full of excitement and wedding planning. They were married in St. Thomas, USVI on March of 2012. 

Michelle graduated from Colorado Technical University in 2007 with a BA in Visual Communications. She is currently pursuing a Marketing Certificate with the College of Business at UCCS and hopes to continue on for a Master's degree in Business Administration. 

Michelle is originally from Michigan. She moved to Colorado in 2004 and has enjoyed living here ever since. 




























Please feel free to reach out to Michelle and welcome her to the SVE team. We are thrilled to have her and can't wait for her to start coordinating weddings! 



If interested in becoming an intern with SVE please contact Sarah Viera, owner of Sarah Viera Event Planning & Design.

5 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Good to see your post on wedding planing..

    event planner

    ReplyDelete
  2. great information. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for shating this with all. wedding planning is never easy.
    florists online

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to rent a home for our wedding that seats 175. A main living space that opens onto a covered terrace is ideal. Somewhere around Denver/CO Springs or Santa Fe, NM.


    phlebotomy training in CO

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are certain things have to see when selecting the wedding planner for your wedding. It is a very nice information about the wedding planning. Those who want to plan the wedding easily by themselves. Then the free wedding planner iPhone app was useful at the time of wedding planning.

    ReplyDelete