Monday, November 12, 2012

Bridal Shower | Colorado Springs Event Planner

Floral, just like photography, is another one of my hidden passions. I love the idea of arranging flowers and taking beautiful pictures, but that's just where they stand...ideas. I can't do either one of those to save my life so I prefer to leave it to the professionals!

I had the pleasure of working with Cori Cook Floral Design this year. Lead designer, Liz AMAZED me with the flowers she proposed for one of my fall brides. From the wedding proposal alone I knew I was going to love everything about the flowers and design aspect Liz had planned. With first impressions being met, I decided to hire Liz for my brides bridal shower a month prior. While the wedding and bridal shower had similar but different themes, Liz was able to make each flower presentation unique to each party.

Photography courtesy of Amanda Lamb Photography
Susan, my brides mother contacted me asking if I would coordinate her daughters bridal shower and that she wanted a southern chic theme. My heart skipped a beat as I have been wanting to style something with this beautiful theme and what better than a bridal shower! Susan told me that she had tons of vintage platters and milk glass vases that were Lauren's great-grandmothers and she would love to include them in the shower. Those pieces not only added beauty to the decor, but brought in that personal touch that I love the most. I am the most sentimental person in my family and Susan reminded me of exactly the same.



Being a HUGE fan of details I wanted to incorporate many of them into this shower. Not only were they fun, but they were special to the bride and her mother. Guests were greeted with one of the brides favorite drinks- a peach mimosa. Southern style sweet tea and a Wedding Punch made by her grandmother were also available. Vintage napkins and china doned the table with Susan's very own silver at each place setting. Liz from Cori Cook Floral not only provided peaches in the centerpiece, but guests could find their name card on a peach or sprig of lavender. 














Dessert was provided by The Bundt Shoppe who wow'd the guests with their beautiful artwork which made guests not want to eat such a pretty piece cake! In any Southern family, we know hospitality is always at its best. Guests were able to take a mini bundt cake and macaroons home to enjoy for a late night snack! 
















 











  







 







 

 

Thank you to all the amazing vendors that made Lauren's bridal shower a success. Stay tuned for her wedding! 

Caterer: Picnic Basket
Coordination and Design: Sarah Viera Event Planning & Design
Floral: Cori Cook Floral 
Rentals: Event Rents




1 comment:

  1. This is such a nice bridal shower decoration. I also hosted bridal shower at my home for my cousin in last year. She had destination ceremony at Chicago wedding venues and we all cousins then hosted a wedding shower too for couple on their rehearsal dinner.

    ReplyDelete